- Our Stories@Lake monthly publication is a small publication comprised of 3 to 4 stories of people from within the Lake Avenue Church community or associated with Lake. It is printed and inserted into the Worship folder on the first Sunday of the month, made available throughout the campus and online under our "Stories@Lake" online section.
- Each issue is planned approximately one month in advance. Articles are solicited from LAC pastors, directors, congregational members and volunteers via our Stories@Lake online form or through personal discussion with Mary Aslanian, Communications Publications Coordinator.
- All articles should be submitted to the the Publications Coordinator, via the Communications Collaboration Request form (if on staff), or e-mailed to , or placed in the Communications Coordinator's mailbox on the 2nd floor of Hutchins Hall. If you have questions, please call 626.817.4822.
DEADLINE: The Publications Coordinator sends out e-mails beforehand to the LAC staff regarding the exact due date for material. We ask the LAC staff in the various departments to inform the volunteers, division leadership and all others associated with their ministry of the deadlines, themes and submission requirements.
- LakeAvenews is produced weekly and inserted into the Worship Folder and distributed to our Saturday night and two Sunday morning english-speaking worship services.
- Each issue is completed by 5 pm on Wednesday, and printed early Thursday morning (before 8 am) prior to the weekend.
- 1/4 page box ad announcements are 30-40 words.
- 1/2 page box ad announcements are 75-90 words.
- Full page box ads (reserved for only all-church events) are possible depending on the scope Longer announcements will be edited.
- Submit box ads, cover articles and serving opportunities via the Communications Collaboration Request Form by Monday at 12 noon. Artwork, fonts or photography may be e-mailed to .
- Box ads and cover articles are planned approximately one month in advance on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may also contact us via e-mail if you have questions prior to placing your request at or call 626.817.4822.
- Cover articles should be 250 words or less; attach artwork, fonts or photos to an e-mail if desired.
- If necessary, you may fax your request to 626.817.4922, or leave a handwritten note in the Communication Coordinator's mailbox on the 2nd floor of Hutchins Hall. Submissions will not be accepted over by phone or voicemail.
- Blurbs, ads and articles do not appear automatically. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for submitting your own information.
- There is no charge to advertise. Information is also included on our websites via the department they originate from. Communications will do its best to post any missing events onto the website should they not be present.
- Please see our Style Guide for information on how to phrase your advertisement.
DEADLINE: Mondays at 12 noon.
WORSHIP FOLDER INSERTS
- Worship Folder Inserts are flyers that are inserted into the weekly Worship Folder.
- Request inserts at least two weeks in advance with the Publications Coordinator.
- We limit the additional inserts to two per weekend. All inserts must first be approved by the Worship & Arts Department and the Communications Director before facilitation by the Communications Department.
- A department staff person or volunteer will be required to help stuff the additional inserts into the worship folders on Friday morning at 8 am prior to the weekend needed.
- The department will be charged the cost of copying ($.03 - .05 per copy, per side), however we can usually print inserts 2 or 3-up thereby reducing the cost considerably.
- Pre-printed inserts can be acceptable but must be approved by the Communications Director ahead of time to access quality and adherence to Lake Avenue Church philosophy of ministry guidelines.
- This Information is not automatically added to our website. Requests must be made to include insert information onto our website.
DEADLINE: Monday at 12 noon, two weeks prior to printing.