...Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.— John 14:34
We consider it an honor and privilege to share in this significant chapter of your lives as you approach your wedding day and begin the first year of your marriage. We take seriously our commitment to you, before God, to provide strong support as you give yourselves to a lifetime together in Christian marriage.
Couples to be married at Lake Avenue Church are expected to:
- Meet the Marriage Eligibility Requirements
- Complete the ten-session Marriage Preparation Course
- Receive at least six hours of Pre-Marital Counseling
All these steps take time, so plan ahead! Contact our Wedding Coordinator Peggy Vaccaro at 626.817.4820 or as soon as possible to begin the planning process and to review church policies. If you are interested in church membership, please visit our Membership Webpage.
- Persons must meet the criteria set forth in LAC's Statement of Marriage.
- Persons desiring to be married at Lake Avenue Church are to be active members of the church, in the process of becoming members or children of members.
- Before a wedding date is confirmed, a Lake Avenue Church pastor must approve the couple to be married here. The pastor will encourage and counsel the couple during their engagement and officiate or at least co-officiate the couple's ceremony.
- The couple must not be living together. A pastor is available to meet with any couple living together to encourage them to commit to a celibate relationship.
- Both partners are to be believers and in harmony with Lake Avenue Church values and beliefs. This does not mean both persons need to have the same spiritual maturity.
- The couple must successfully complete Lake Avenue Church's Marriage Preparation Course, as well as receive at least six hours of Pre-Marital Counseling.
- The couple will affirm their willingness to comply with the above policies by signing a Wedding Agreement.
Marriage Preparation Course
MARRIAGE PREPARATION COURSE
Couples married at Lake Avenue Church are required to participate in this ten-session course built around the ingredients for a healthy marriage. This course is offered three times a year and is also open to those not yet engaged and those being married elsewhere. Please see the Marriage Enrichment section for the dates of the next class.
Mentoring & Counseling
During the Marriage Preparation Course, each couple will be paired with another couple who are members of the church to build a supportive, mentoring relationship.
We request that couples married at Lake Avenue complete at least six hours of Pre-Marital Counseling, which is offered through our Adult Ministries department. A freewill offering is requested to support the counseling services.