Vacation Bible School (VBS) is a one-week, half-day summer camp where kids learn more about the Bible and the unconditional love of Jesus. Through music, skits, games, stories and activities, kids will experience God in a whole new way. VBS is for kids age 3.5 (must be 3 years old but February 1, 2021) through kids entering 5th grade.
Join Us Sunday, June 20 at 9 am for an All Church Celebration of what has done at VBS!
Want to connect at Lake? Visit our Family Ministires page for more ways to connect.
Missed VBS 2021? Check out our YouTube channel for VBS fun!
VBS 2019 Recap Video
Now seeking caring adults and teens to join the VBS team! VBS is an all church effort. There is something for everyone.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
VBS 2021 Volunteer registration is open for incoming 6th graders - Adults! Because we will be operating at a lower capacity in order to follow COVID-safe guidelines, we may have a limit on volunteers this year. Please register early to ensure you can join us. REGISTER HERE
Please plan to attend one of our VBS Volunteer Training Meetings:
June 10 7:00-8:30 pm via Zoom
June 12 9:00-10:30 am in person / VBS set up day following
Treasured VBS is from June 14-18, 2021 at Lake Avenue Church.
VBS 2021 Prayer Guide
Thank you for praying for VBS 2021, June 14-18. While VBS is a ministry for our kids, it is truly time for all generations to come together in unity, to celebrate God’s lavish love for us. Each day we will be discovering how God sees us as his priceless treasure. Will you pray that children, students and adults will experience God’s love in a new way
~ Day 1 ~
GOD KNOWS YOU
“O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.” - Psalm 139:1
• Pray that our kids will see that their creator knows them and loves them.
• Pray for safety and protection for everyone coming back to campus.
~ Day 2 ~
GOD HEARS YOU
“I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.” - Psalm 116:1
• Pray that our kids will understand that God hears their prayers.
• Pray that leaders would have clear words to teach and energy to lead.
~ Day 3 ~
GOD COMFORTS YOU
“He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others.” - 2 Corinthians 1:4
• Pray that kids and leaders who are hurting would experience God’s comfort.
• Pray that Lake Avenue would be a source of comfort to others
~ Day 4 ~
GOD FORGIVES YOU
“But you are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful, slow to become angry, and rich in unfailing love.” - Nehemiah 9:17
• Pray that our kids would hear and receive that because of God’s love, they are forgiven.
• Pray that leaders would be slow to anger and quick to forgive.
~ Day 5 ~
GOD CHOOSES YOU
“I have called you by name; you are mine.” - Isaiah 43:1
• Pray that kids both on campus and at home would grasp that they are priceless to God.
• Pray that kids and students will hear God’s calling on their life.