It's important to be spreading love with others right now. Here are some ideas on how you can be spreading love well in your homes and in your communities:
- Smile and respond positively to everyone you come in contact with.
- Offer to help a neighbor with their yard work.
- As a family, pray for the same person/family every night for a month
- Befriend someone who you know has few friends.
- Anonymously leave a bag of groceries on someone’s front step with a thoughtful note.
- Start every morning with a prayer asking God for ideas in which to care for someone you can impact that day.
- Have a conversation with a homeless person. If you want to feed him lunch, great – but that’s not the goal. The goal is to learn his story and truly listen to them.
- Write a letter of appreciation to someone for something that they did for you.
- Deliberately compliment each one of your family members every single day.
- When someone you know is going through something challenging, simply tell them that you are praying for them and ask if they would like to pray right then and there.
- Give a thoughtful gift (i.e. music, knit a scarf or blanket, etc.) for someone who needs it.
- Offer free babysitting for a young couple to enjoy a date night.
Lake Avenue's Parenting Ministry is here to help you parent Uniquely Better. Unique because each family is different. Our cultures are different, we come from different economic backgrounds, sometimes within the same family...but we have the same Lord who has gifted us uniquely and called us to each other. Better because at each stage of our kids' lives, we need to be better. As we, parents, become better indivudals, disciples, and parents, we are helping our kids become better and know God better.
Parenthood in itself does not make you smarter and more emotionally sophisticated with the practical skills and spiritual maturity to raise your children uniquely better than how you were parented. Emotional intelligence, spiritual maturity, mental insight and practical skills are all needed.
This ministry is here to offer you community and resources to get you to the place you need to be to be a uniquely better parent for your kids.