A support group for single moms who are in all stages of relationships. We provide a safe, caring, Christian environment to enjoy fellowship & share their experiences, fears and challenges with others. Through the Lake Avenue Church Family we provide lay and professional connections, education and encouragement to our group members to help them heal and grow spiritually and emotionally and to help them improve their parenting skills.
We will meet once a month on the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 10:30am - 12:30pm at Villa 500 in Pasadena.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I (Jesus) will give you rest - Matthew 11:28
- 30 minutes of SOCIAL TIME/snacks or brunch
- 45 minutes of SHARE & PRAYER TIME
- 45 minutes of SPEAKER TIME (Christian professionals addressing topics that are pertinent to single moms such as Therapists; Financial Advisers; Family Law Attorneys; Prenting Skills Trainers, etc.
- Children are welcome at these meetings - and members of the group will volunteer to wach the kids during our shring time and speaker presentation time.
Our goal is to provide a Christian environment where single moms from a wide variety of life situations can find
- Fellowship with other single parents
- Small group connection within the Christian body - support group
- Presentations by Christian professionals
- Resource connections for legal, financial and counseling needs
- Transitional opportunities for involvement in the Christian community & building new life skills
- Fun! Calendar of events, i.e. Christmas Party, community outreach, craft classes and other social events
All Single Moms are welcome...
- Custodial / Non-Custodial
- Widow / Widower
- Adoption as a single
- Foster Parent / single
- Grandparent / raising grandchild
- Married / living separate from spouse
- All ages
Upcoming and On-going events hosted by Single Mom Support Group or other related ministries!